Increasing numbers of expectant mothers in Charlotte are turning to chiropractic care for treatment of Charlotte low back pain during pregnancy. There is nothing in all of nature that is comparable to the changes and the increased stress placed on a woman’s body when carrying a baby. It has been documented that about half of all pregnant women will develop low-back pain at some point during their pregnancies. Charlotte low back pain is most commonly experienced during late pregnancy. This is usually related to the baby’s head pressing against tissues that can irritate a woman’s sciatic nerve. If a woman already has Charlotte low back pain issues before pregnancy, the problem can become even worse. As pregnancy progresses, a woman’s center of gravity shifts forward to the front of her pelvis. This looks and sounds dramatic, but hormones help to loosen the ligaments attached to the pelvic bones, allowing her body to accommodate the growing baby and postural imbalances. Nevertheless, pregnant women are still prone to awkward trips and falls. Consider the following suggestions to help pregnant women reduce the risk of low back pain:
- Moderate to light exercise with secure footing to minimize the likelihood of falls.
- Strenuous activity should last no more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Discontinue your exercise routine immediately if you notice any symptoms such as vaginal bleeding, dizziness, blurred vision, or heart palpitations.
- Wear low-heeled shoes that provide stable support.
- Lie down and elevate your feet for a few moments when you need a break.
- Sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees.
- Lying on your left side provides unobstructed blood flow.
- Eat several small meals rather than three large meals-to help keep nausea at bay.
- Snack bland foods that are high in carbohydrates and protein.
- Keep saltines close at hand to help stave off morning sickness.
Chiropractic care for expecting mothers
Many pregnant women have pleasantly learned that chiropractic adjustments provide relief for Charlotte low back pain that is brought on during pregnancy. Chiropractic manipulation is safe for both mother and baby. It is a safe and effective alternative for mothers who are seeking natural remedies, and trying to avoid harmful medications when treating their back pain. Doctors of chiropractic can also offer other healthy options such as massage therapy, nutrition counseling, and therapeutic exercises to help a woman enjoy a healthy pregnancy.
Trusted and effective chiropractic treatment in Charlotte
We cannot place enough emphasis on the need for proper care and treatment for expectant mothers. The doctors at ChiroCarolina® are experts at the diagnosis and treatment of many different types of health problems such as neck pain and Charlotte low back pain. ChiroCarolina® provides numerous treatment modalities such as: gentle spinal adjustments, dietary counseling, massage therapy, and lifestyle coaching. Because of their successful treatment for pain and injuries they have earned the trust of patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina; and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. Learn how to relieve and manage pain and injury at ChiroCarolina®; one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing quality chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.
Filed under: low back pain