Be safe in the sun
As the days grow longer and warmer, a Charlotte NC chiropractors feel this is a great time to remind everyone to be extra vigilant to avoid getting sunburned. Protecting our skin from ultra violet rays should be a priority all year around, but the likelihood of suffering a severe burn increases as we spend more time in the sun outdoors. Preventing sun burned skin requires much more that the use of sunscreen. It is also important to make sure that your family wears proper clothing and eye protection. Consider the following tips to make sun safety a part of your everyday lifestyle from Charlotte NC chiropractor.
Use plenty of sun block or sunscreen
- Sunscreen must be applied at least 30 minutes before you go out into the sun.
- Babies and children older than 6 months should have a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
- Even with the use of sunscreen, you should dress in protective clothing, this includes a hat with a brim.
- Everyone, even babies should wear sun glasses.
- Scented or colorful sunscreens can make it easier for you to see which areas have been covered well.
- Be sure to cover the ears, hands, feet, shoulders, and back of the neck.
- Don’t forget to apply a lip balm with SPF protection.
- Re-apply sunscreen after swimming or eating, or every 2 to 3 hours.
- Protective clothing and hats is crucial when it comes to protecting your family from UV rays.
- It is best to use dark colors, long sleeves, and pants whenever possible.
- Clothing that does not let any light through when held up to the sun is recommended.
- Sunglasses are for providing UV protection to guard against damage to the eyes
- If you are planning a trip to areas without shade, bring along a large umbrella or canopy.
Avoid sun during peak hours
- Limit your sun exposure between the hours of 10a.m. and 3p.m. (between 11a.m. and 4p.m. for daylight savings time).
- This allows you to avoid unnecessary exposure when the sun’s rays are at their strongest.
“Care You Can Count On” in Charlotte from Charlotte NC chiropractor
Your health and well-being is important to us. The doctors at ChiroCarolina™ are experts at the diagnosis and treatment of adults and for children of all ages. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. ChiroCarolina provides numerous treatment modalities to aid in their healing and optimal health. Chiropractic care should be an integral part of you and your family’s life. Do not hesitate to drop in or to call ChiroCarolina™, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area, located conveniently off North Tryon Street.
Tagged with: Charlotte NC chiropractor
Filed under: Charlotte NC Chiropractor