Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net

A study conducted in Canada between 2004 and 2005 on 324 patients who suffer from some kind of Musculoskeletal Disability during these months have shown great improvements from their MSK complaints. The study was conducted on Community health centers, where these 324 participants were recruited to have their Musculoskeletal Disability treated through chiropractic spinal manipulation. The patients ages ranged from 18 to 70 years old with net yearly income of between less than $10,000 to $60,000 Canadian dollars. 27% of patients were male and the remaining 73% were female. Most patients had at least 1 to 12 succeeding chiropractic treatments in their respective Community health centers.

Chiropractic care was recently delisted from government insurance coverage in some parts of Canada and this study aims to gauge how effective chiropractic manipulation is on Musculoskeletal Disability like neck and back pain (chronic and acute conditions). Patients pain levels were measured with a visual scale, which ranked their pain from 0 to 10, 10 being the worst., patients were also given questionnaires to measure their improvement and how satisfied were they with the care provided with them by their designated chiropractors. 78.8% of the patients were very satisfied with the care provided to them, while 18.9% were satisfied.

The study concluded that pain relating to Musculoskeletal Disability is greatly reduced through chiropractic treatments however, further studies were suggested since the chiropractic treatment were not uniform, with the chiropractors being the final decision maker on what type of chiropractic treatments a patient will get.

160

Rating: 10 out of 10 (from 11 votes)

Tagged with:

Filed under: chiropractic carechiropractorsmid back painneck painpain