The top chiropractic doctors in Charlotte can offer valuable advice that will help you continue to enjoy yard work and avoid low back pain. Warm weather and yard work can be just as therapeutic for some as fishing is for others. Additionally, whether you love it or hate it, yard work is a part of most adults’ lives. However, even the most ardent garden enthusiasts must take the proper precautions for avoiding muscle strain. One of the best Charlotte chiropractic offices in Charlotte offers the following tips to help you enjoy a safe, productive summer of landscaping, gardening, or yard work.
- Warm up first – Prepare your body for the work you are about to do. To help avoid injury, start out with a warm-up that involves stretching every muscle group. You should also cool down by stretching at the end of the project. Always remember to take breaks and stay hydrated. Consider the following tips for stretching:
- Breathe in and out slowly throughout each stretching exercise
- Stretch gently and smoothly
- Don’t bounce or jerk your body in any way or push your limits
- You should not feel pain when stretching
- Protect your back – When lifting up or carrying equipment, be sure to bend from the knees, not at the waist. Keep all equipment as close to your body as possible as you lift.
- Protect your knees – Be sure to use properly cushioned pads to support your knees. It is advised that you purchase specially made pads for yard work. In addition to protecting your knees, pads help to improve your body position, which will decrease the possibility of injury.
- Work smart, not hard – When breaking ground with a hoe, moisten the soil to make the job easier on your back.
- Switch sides regularly – Periodically switch the side on which you are operating equipment as a way to balance the muscles being used. Alternate your stance and motion frequently.
- Lighter is safer – Using electric-powered items tends to be lighter than their engine-powered counterparts. This will save you from developing muscle strain.
Chiropractic care in Charlotte, NC
As some of the best chiropractors in Charlotte, the doctors at ChiroCarolina® are trained to diagnose and treat illness and pain. They understand that each individual has unique underlying factors and causes that need to be addressed in order to ensure full recovery or optimal health. ChiroCarolina® also provides neuromuscular stimulation and physiotherapy to aid in the elimination of chronic pain. It is time to improve your quality of life. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and as far as Georgia, Florida, and Virginia. ChiroCarolina® is one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing top Charlotte chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.