Many patients wait too long before they decide to visit their chiropractor for Charlotte neck pain. The main reason is because so many people view neck pain to be one of life’s inevitable inconveniences that will go away with a little rest. Even if neck pain may go away in a day or so, if it keeps returning, we need to realize that it is actually a chronic problem that needs to be treated. Our neck is vitally important because it was designed to protect the nerves that connect to the brain. Our brain and spinal cord controls virtually every single body function. No matter how minor it may be, if you experience pain in your neck region, you need to visit a Charlotte chiropractor in order to discover the cause, and get the proper treatment. Your neck is designed to be remarkably flexible, and it cannot function properly if you have stiffness or limited range of motion because of injury and pain.
Tips to help you prevent neck pain
Your doctor of chiropractic works closely with you in order to correct painful neck conditions. Consider some of the following suggestions:
- Never stack pillows under your head and neck when you sleep. This places extra stress on your upper spine and neck.
- Avoid watching TV or reading while lying down. This contorts the neck muscles and holds them in an awkward position for extended periods of time, making them susceptible to strain.
- Change your position often when working on a computer or any projects that require you to bend your neck downward for long periods.
- Be aware of use of purses, backpacks, and bags with a shoulder strap. The excessive weight will pull on your neck and pinch the nerves that control the shoulders, arms and hands. It is best to tie a knot in the shoulder strap and carry the purse or bag by hand.
- Try not to sleep on your stomach because this position unnaturally stretches and twists the neck muscles.
Top chiropractors treat Charlotte neck pain
If you do not notice improvement in your neck pain after a week of home treatment, you should see one of the doctors at ChiroCarolina®. They are spine care specialists who use natural and gentle techniques to treat your neck injury. They specialize in treating patients for chronic and acute neck pain, acute pain, accidents and sports injuries. When it comes to follow-up care, ChiroCarolina® stands above other area clinics. Dr. Rice, Dr. Saario, and Dr. Ali are passionate about relieving neck pain and providing high quality chiropractic care for their patients. They have delivered excellent chiropractic care to thousands of people in North Carolina. Call them today for an evaluation of your Charlotte neck pain. ChiroCarolina® is one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.
Filed under: neck pain