Many patients who visit their chiropractor for Charlotte neck pain wish that they had gone sooner. The problem is that there are so many reasons for neck pain that people see it as a minor inconvenience that will go away in a day or so, or with a little rest. In reality, neck pain may go away in a day or so, but if it keeps returning every few days, we need to realize that it is chronic, and needs to be treated. Our neck is vitally important. It is a collection of bones, muscles, nerves, and connective tissue that form the ever important passageway through which our spinal cord passes to connect to the brain. The brain and spinal cord control and coordinate nearly every single body function.
If you experience pain in your neck region, it is vital that you discover the cause, and get the proper treatment. The neck is comprised of seven cervical vertebrae (spinal bones), that are highly mobile joints that allow you to bend your head forward and backward, side to side, and to rotate your head. Because the neck is exceptionally flexible, and is responsible for stabilizing our heavy head; it is more susceptible to injury and pain.
What can I do to prevent neck pain?
Your doctor of chiropractic works closely with you in order to correct painful neck conditions. Consider the following suggestions:
- Try not to sleep on your stomach because this position unnaturally stretches and twists the neck muscles.
- Do not stack pillows under your head and neck when sleeping. To do so puts extra stress on the upper spine and neck.
- Refrain from watching TV or reading while lying down. This contorts the neck muscles, making them susceptible to strain.
- Change positions often when working on projects that require you to bend your neck downward for long periods.
- Be aware of use of purses, backpacks, and bags with a shoulder strap. The excessive weight will pull on your neck and pinch the nerves that control the shoulders, arms and hands. It is best to tie a knot in the shoulder strap and carry the purse or bag by hand.
Top chiropractors treat Charlotte neck pain
If you do not notice improvement in your neck pain after a week of home treatment, you should see one of the doctors at ChiroCarolina®. They are spine care specialists who use natural and gentle techniques to treat your neck injury. They specialize in treating patients for chronic and acute neck pain, acute pain, accidents and sports injuries. When it comes to follow-up care, ChiroCarolina® stands above other area clinics. Dr. Rice, Dr. Saario, and Dr. Ali are passionate about relieving neck pain and providing high quality chiropractic care for their patients. They have delivered excellent chiropractic care to thousands of people in North Carolina. Call them today for an evaluation of your Charlotte neck pain.
Filed under: neck pain