Benefits of chiropractic care
There are many benefits to receiving chiropractic care in the Charlotte area, and one of them is counseling and advice to prevent injury and illness. Your chiropractic doctor will help you to understand the importance of keeping your muscles, tendons and ligaments flexible through regular stretching. Unfortunately, many well-meaning individuals often overlook the important piece of our overall health. We will admit that stretching can be a little uncomfortable and maybe consuming, but it helps to prevent so many different injuries. It also has an anti-aging effect on the body. A simple regimen of regular and consistent stretching may help patients to avoid back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain.
The importance of flexibility
When people of all ages set aside the time to incorporate regular stretching into their life, they will see immediate benefits in the form of lengthened muscles and increased flexibility. This will help them to avoid muscle tears and strains from exercising muscles that are short and tight. Stretching larger muscles such as your quadriceps, hamstrings and calves, helps to take some of the extra load off of your lower back muscles. Static stretching, (stretching performed without any bouncing or movement) should be performed both before and after exercise. It is advisable that you walk briskly or do some light calisthenics prior to stretching cold muscles.
Top Charlotte chiropractor tips
If you schedule a consultation with one of the top Charlotte chiropractors, they can help to provide you with information on how to stretch properly:
- The first thing to remember, is not to rush through your stretching routine.
- Take your time when you stretch, it is just as important as your exercise time.
- Stretch your muscles gently, and focus on what you are doing.
- Relax and breathe regularly, your muscles will let you know how far to go.
- Visualization is an effective tool to control tempo when it comes to stretching.
- Try to visualize each of the muscle groups as you stretch, in your mind. watch it elongating.
- Breathe deeply to help with timing and to help create a stronger “brain to muscle” connection.
- The goal is to stretch and warmup the muscles, they are supposed to feel good.
- If your muscles are feeling pain, it’s best to stop and evaluate what you are doing.
Chiropractic clinic in University area
One of best chiropractic clinics in Charlotte, offers supplemental therapies such as the application of heat or cold, electrical stimulation, diet counseling, or rehabilitative exercise. ChiroCarolina® is one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers. They are known all over the South east for providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street. Call them today to experience the best chiropractic care available.