Chiropractic clinics are a place where many patients seek relief from headaches that are severe enough to interfere with our daily activities. If you are averse to taking harmful medications and opioid painkillers, this is where you will find natural and chemical free treatment. Consider these headache tips from a Charlotte chiropractic clinic to find relief and stay one step ahead of the problem.
Why do we have headaches?
There are many different factors or issues that could be the cause of your headaches:
- Some are related to lifestyle choices
- Secondary to an underlying health condition
- Genetic pre-disposition
- The result of poor posture or using the wrong pillow
- Some are triggered by specific foods, certain smells, bright lights, or loud noises
- Dramatic changes in blood sugar
Around 95% of chronic headache cases are related to something that is not a health issue or disease. Most headaches are the result of muscle tension in your neck and/or upper back. This commonly is caused by spending extended periods of time in one fixed position. This means that headaches can often be treated naturally and holistically by a Charlotte chiropractor.
Start with the small stuff
The first important headache tip is to take a look at your daily activity and make some small lifestyle changes that may make a dramatic difference in the frequency and severity of your headaches.
- If you have a job that requires you to sit or stand in a static position for several hours, get up and move around at least every 30 minutes. A simple walk around the office or light stretching will do.
- Avoid engaging in heavy exercise until your headaches are under control. It’s okay to workout, just switch things up and incorporate more low-impact activities.
- Avoid clenching your teeth during exercise or any time because it causes stress to the joints in your jaw.
- Dehydration is a major headache trigger. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated.
Visit a chiropractic clinic
If after these minor changes you find that your headaches persist, make an appointment with a Charlotte chiropractic clinic. Chiropractic doctors are trained to diagnose and treat the cause(s) of your headaches. They focus on naturally relieving the pain of your headaches, then begin effective treatment for headaches that originate in your neck or upper back. They may recommend gentle spinal adjustments. Once your misaligned vertebrae are back into position and normal function is restored, your headache pain may subside.
Natural care you can count on
Put yourself in good hands. Everyone should be able to live a vibrant, pain-free life. The staff and chiropractic doctors at ChiroCarolina® are here to help make it possible. Chiropractic care is a safe, noninvasive, and natural way to help you reach your optimal health. Gentle spinal adjustments are often combined with supplemental therapies such as the application of heat or cold, electrical stimulation, dietary counseling, lifestyle coaching, or rehabilitative exercises. ChiroCarolina®,one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers, is known all over the South east for providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.