When dressing up is messing up
The holiday season presents so many different ways for people to be injured. The usual suspects would be everything from winter slips and falls, to ski accidents. However, every holiday seasons, a significant number of people end up being injured just dressing up for a holiday party or family gathering. One thing we love about the winter season is that the clothes are much more stylish and formal. For some reason, stylish clothing also seems to be a bit more restrictive and bulky. We seem to wake up with neck or low back pain during the winter season. Somehow, we always attribute the pain to a change in weather and not the change in clothing. We want to offer you some tips to help you avoid or reduce your chance of injuring yourself when you are getting “dressed to kill” this holiday season.
From head to toe
- The body is wonderfully durable and delicately balanced. Drive a well-built car down enough bumpy roads and something will come loose. It is the same with our body.
- Heavy men’s boots and women’s high-heeled shoes, dramatically changes the way we balance our bodies and the way we walk.
- Our feet and legs are the foundation of our musculoskeletal system. We were designed to standing flat-footed in order to be completely balanced.
- Bringing heel off the ground eventually causes the hamstring muscles to shorten. These types of shoes also cause serious discomfort in the feet and contributes to back pain.
- When a man or a woman wears shoes that raise the heel, a new dynamic in balance occurs because extra stress is placed on parts of your musculoskeletal system that must compensate for the compromised and restricted movement.
- Additionally, wearing heels for any length of time increases the normal curve of the spine.
The best Charlotte chiropractic treatment
Do not guess about the condition of your body and your health. The doctors at ChiroCarolina® are experts at the diagnosis and treatment of numerous health problems. The doctors at ChiroCarolina® utilize several treatment modalities that can have you and your family enjoying optimal health, whether it is gentle spinal adjustments, dietary counseling, massage therapy, or lifestyle coaching. It is time to improve your quality of life. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. Find some answers for your fibromyalgia at ChiroCarolina®, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing quality chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.