Good chiropractors in Charlotte
Chiropractors do everything in their power to relieve their patient’s pain, symptoms, and the cause of their pain. They also feel that it is very important to help their patients understand how to avoid future health problems. If you have never visited a chiropractor, your biggest question may be, “What should I expect from my first chiropractic examination?” A chiropractic examination is very similar to initial examination procedures that are administered by most health care providers. With that said, chiropractors primary focus centers around the structure and function of the spine. Chiropractic diagnosis and treatment focuses mainly on the spine. This is because the nerves that branch from the spinal cord, reach out to provide function to all areas of the body. Your nerves have to pass through the sides of the spinal column. Chiropractors understand that if the spinal bones are misaligned; this can adversely affect your overall health when the misalignment impedes these nerves. In other words, a well-aligned spine enhances general health.
What should I expect for the first chiropractic consultation?
The initial consultation involves your Charlotte chiropractor completing a thorough examination lasting 45 minutes or more. You will also learn about the chiropractor’s philosophy, expertise, and general approach to holistic healthcare.
The initial in office clinical exam generally includes 3 areas:
- Patient History and Symptoms
In preparation for the chiropractic consultation, the patient will be asked to fill out forms that provide background information about his or her symptoms and condition. Types of questions typically include:
- When and how did the pain start?
- Where is the pain located?
- Describe the pain as either sharp, dull, searing/burning, or throbbing?
- Does it come and go, or is it continual?
- Did the pain begin as a result of collision or injury?
- What activities or circumstances makes it better or worse?
- The Chiropractic Exam
A thorough chiropractic exam includes taking vital signs; blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and reflexes. You can also expect orthopedic and neurological tests to assess:
- Range of motion of the affected joint
- Muscle tone assessment
- Muscle strength assessment
- Any chiropractic tests that are necessary to assess the affected area
- Posture analysis
- Chiropractic manipulation of the affected body part
- Diagnostic Studies
Diagnostic studies may be helpful in revealing pathologies and identifying structural abnormalities for a more accurate diagnosis. Diagnostic studies are not always necessary. The most common diagnostic studies during chiropractic exams include:
- An X-ray exam
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Other laboratory tests
- Many chiropractic clinics can perform basic X-rays; however, MRI scansor more extensive imaging are usually referred to an outside center.
Care you can count on in the Charlotte
If you are suffering from chronic pain or you are simply looking for natural, non-invasive treatment; chiropractic clinics also offer supplemental therapies such as the application of heat or cold, electrical stimulation, diet, counseling, or rehabilitative exercise. ChiroCarolina®, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers, known all over the South east for providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.