When to see a Charlotte chiropractor for neck pain
Chiropractic care is an ideal solution manage and relieve the discomfort and lack of mobility that can be caused by neck pain. On the part of the patient, it is important to consider some home remedies to help alleviate the pain.
- Use Ice to reduce swelling. Wrap a cold pack in a towel and hold it on your neck for 40 minutes on, 20 minutes off, and then repeat.
- Make sure you use a firm or extra firm pillow.
- Try to sleep on your back or side.
- Ask your chiropractor about light neck stretches that can help to loosen stiff muscles.
When to see a chiropractor for neck pain?
When you have tried a number of things at home and your neck pain still exists, it’s important to see a Charlotte chiropractor. Schedule and appointment with your chiropractor for neck pain if:
- Your neck pain or stiffness does not improve within a few days
- You cannot turn your head to the right or left without neck pain
- You are regularly using over-the-counter pain medications to treat your neck pain
- Your original neck pain progressed to numbness or tingling in your hands or wrists
- Your neck pain started sometime after a recent car accident
- Your neck pain is worse severe when you first wake up, but begins to feel better as the day progresses
Visiting a Charlotte chiropractor for neck pain is always a good choice; especially if you have any abnormal motion that is the result of lifting, falling, or a whiplash injury.
What you can expect during an examination
Your chiropractor will perform a comprehensive consultation and examination. He or she will ask you questions about your symptoms, the history of your neck pain, what makes it worse and what makes it feel better.During the exam your chiropractor will examine how well you move your neck. He or she will look for signs of numbness and tingling in your arms or hands. Your chiropractor can offer several types of therapy that can re-align your vertebra, relieve pain, and restore normal motion in your neck.
Care you can count on in Charlotte
If you do not notice improvement in your neck pain after a week, you should schedule an appointment with a chiropractic clinic. The doctors at ChiroCarolina™are spine care specialists who use natural and gentle techniques to treat your neck injury. They are passionate about providing high quality chiropractic care for their patients. ChiroCarolina™ specializes in treating patients for chronic and acute pain, car accidents, and all kinds of injuries. When it comes to follow-up care, ChiroCarolina™ stands above other area clinics. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. In addition to gentle adjustments, you can expect supplemental therapies such as the application of heat or cold, electrical stimulation, diet counseling, or rehabilitative exercise. Every solution is pain free! ChiroCarolina™, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers, is known for providing conservative and effective chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.