What is digital neck pain
Neck pain has many different causes, from car accidents, to arthritis, to sports injuries. Thanks to modern technology, you can add the use of hand-held devices. Initially, the problem developed in people who spent extended periods of time in front of a desktop computer. However, once smartphones and tablets became popular, we have noticed a steady increase in the number of patient visits related to neck pain from constant use of these devices.
Do you suffer with neck pain in Charlotte?
Have you recently noticed pain and stiffness in your neck, especially after prolonged cellphone use? Ask yourself questions such as: Do you spend a great deal of time using their portable electronic devices? What position(s) are you in when using a hand-held device? Does your neck get sore after using one of these devices? Consider the following tips that can help you to prevent or lessen physical stress and strain on your neck:
- When using a portable device, take special care to maintain proper posture.
- Sit with your feet flat on the floor, shoulders relaxed, and your back supported by a chair.
- For extensive use such as an email or business communique, consider the use of a larger device with a physical keyboard.
- When using your phone or tablet for an extended period, consider placing it on a stand.
- You can decrease hand strain by use of text shortcuts and/or a stylus.
- Hold your phone or small screen device in the vertical position to reduce the amount of space your thumbs have to travel on the keyboard.
- You can avoid typing by using the “speech-to-text feature.”
- Alternate hands frequently when holding your device.
- Take frequent breaks during prolonged device usage.
Care you can count on in Charlotte
If you do not notice improvement in your neck pain after a week, you should schedule an appointment with a chiropractic clinic. The doctors at ChiroCarolina™ are spine care specialists who use natural and gentle techniques to treat your neck injury. They are passionate about providing high quality chiropractic care for their patients. ChiroCarolina™ specializes in treating patients for chronic and acute pain, car accidents, and all kinds of injuries. When it comes to follow-up care, ChiroCarolina™ stands above other area clinics. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. In addition to gentle adjustments, you can expect supplemental therapies such as the application of heat or cold, electrical stimulation, diet counseling, or rehabilitative exercise. Every solution is pain free! ChiroCarolina™, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers, is known for providing conservative and effective chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.