Neck pain in Charlotte, NC
Neck pain is so common that millions of people seek treatment or pain relief every year. Ironically, most people initially dismiss their neck pain as a simple annoyance. However, you can be sure that untreated neck pain becomes a persistent and difficult problem to live with. Eventually, the pain becomes a chronic issue, prompting patients to turn to harmful pain medications or anti-inflammatory drugs to stop the pain. Not only is pain medication risky and harmful, it never treats the condition that causes the neck pain. Chiropractic care is safe and natural. It is effective treatment for neck pain that is a non-surgical and can provide rapid pain relief without the use of harmful medications.
Diagnosing neck pain
Charlotte’s best chiropractic doctors will perform a complete evaluation of your entire spine. They know that your pain is real, but other regions of the spine may also be affected. Chiropractors are trained to treat their patients holistically. This means that the chiropractic doctor will address all the factors that contribute to your neck pain; such as diet and nutrition, stress management, and lifestyle goals. After performing a thorough examination, the chiropractor will recommend a unique and individualized treatment(s) that will relieve your pain and get your neck back to normal function.
Consider all the ways that chiropractic care is different and effective:
- You will find yourself pleasantly involved in that healing process as your chiropractor will ask you detailed questions about your past medical history and family medical history.
- He or she will evaluate your stride and your overall posture and spinal alignment to become familiar with your body mechanics.
- Your chiropractor may order imaging tests such as an x-ray or an MRI to help him or her diagnose the exact cause of your neck pain.
- You will experience a combination of gentle spinal manipulation, physical therapy, and other techniques as part of your treatment plan.
- You may be taught special rehabilitative exercises that you can perform at home.
Home exercises only take a few minutes each day and are intended to help improve overall range of motion in your neck. They will also strengthen supporting muscles and ligaments to help prevent your neck pain from progressing.Your chiropractor will explain all your treatment options. This way you will have the flexibility to choose a plan that is most comfortable and natural for your lifestyle.
Care you can count on in Charlotte
If you are suffering from shoulder or neck pain and you are looking for the natural, non-invasive treatment that chiropractic clinics offer, consider one of the top chiropractic clinics in the Charlotte area. In addition to gentle adjustments, you can expect supplemental therapies such as the application of heat or cold, electrical stimulation, diet counseling, or rehabilitative exercise. Every solution is pain free! ChiroCarolina®, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers, is known all over the South east for providing conservative and effective chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.